Saturday, August 30, 2014

Born with a Penis

Born with a Penis
Written and Translated by: Subhi nahhas
Arabic Version: published in Mawaleh mag

Being born with a penis would certainly put you in a box to fit the stereotyped image they designed for you. They will raise you to become their image, hopes and ambitions they lost. Well, do not try to fit me in your boxes.

My penis does not mean I have to be butch, aggressive, like sports, like girls or have a successful businessman as my role-model! I do not have to wear loose jeans, leather shoes, and dress like everyone else. I do not have to keep my body hair or set in a certain way to show my balls off. I do not have to show my testosterone by inheriting your acts. My manhood belongs to me and I will not try to prove it to any one, I am “me” before you assign me a gender.

Yes, I do have a penis, still, it does not mean; I have to date a girl, open the door, pull the chair, watch my language or pay the bills wherever we go. However, I won’t date a girl, I will date a man, not because, girls are inferior, simply because I like to date men. Not because I act, feel, dress or look like a girl. I am just a man who likes penis; it does not demean or make me any less than a man, it does not make me an alien on planet earth.

I refuse to be derided by society, being mistreated verbally and physically. I will not allow your expectations and opinions to shape who I am or let my penis shape who I will be. I will stand and defend my rights as a human being, if you come and stood with me that won’t render you any different, but it will mark you as a human being too.

No comments:

Post a Comment